So! Day one at Ignite is over and what a day! A lot of new features, services and everything.
But Imust say, arriving from Norway – EVERYTHING IS SO BIG here in USA!
Anyhow – Here is a short summary from me of some (few) new features and services that where unvailed at the keynotes and some sessions
There are much more also that I did not cover in this post!
- Connect your on-premise datacenter to Azure
- Ability to deploy, manage and manage policies across Azure Cloud resources and Azure “on-prem” resources
Azure Synapse Analytics
- Query structured and unstructured data
- Does a query of 1 peta-bytes in just 9 seconds!! (Google uses 11 minutes they say..)
Power Automate (Flow)
- MS Flow is getting new name
- Gives you ability to create autmations against applications which are missing API`s
Power Virtual Agents
- Bot or “Chat” agent on websites
- Together with Power Automate you can fill contacts schemes from a chat on a website directly into your on-prem crm system (which are missing API)
- Project Cortex
- Based on AI
- Creates a Enterprise wiki automatically with the use of AI
- Creates a “Knowledege” card on word shortnings and links you to the “Knowledge Center”
- Greate for new employees or just as a company wiki
- MS Stream uses AI to remove background noice on videos
- MS Teams uses AI to remove backgrouds or bluring them
- Fluid Framework
- Collaboration between Outlook, MS Teams chat, PowerPoint ++
- Office.com is more important for end-users than ever – a onestop for all services
- Office.com gets ability to be customized with themes, company branding etc.
- OneDrive gets filesize increased to 100GB pr. file
- All files in OneDrive now has Delta-sync
- In Search you now can edit resultspage and configure how the result is presented
- SharePoint Homesites is in GA
- Content Auditing
- Highligt of changes in versions
- Scheduled publishing of pages
- Multi-lingual support
- SharePoint Spaces goes Public preview arround q1 2020 (somehow togheter with Edge Chromium)
- Modern term-store
Security & Compliance
- Unified labes is even more unified
- Labeled Teamsites, MS Teams and files are now the same
- Auto labeling si based on content on a complete site
- Information barrier
- Based on classifications (labels) you can block out a whole department or group of people from certain areas
- That said, Finance investors can get blocked out from the auditors filespaces for exapmle.
- Browser in GA Q1 2020
- Will get a Fast Track “track” to help companies embrace it
Managed Meeting Rooms
- Monitoring of equipment in the rooms like monitors, cameras, microphones etc.
- In Private preview right now!